Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I didn't think I was going to participate, but the other day when I saw Sujata's post it hit me that I have all these scrap blocks already made. It was so easy to create the baskets. I grabbed handful of greens and got to work. What fun! I had done similar baskets in a workshop with Freddy and Gwen earlier this year, so the handles are done in that method. They are made with a 1/2" bias tape maker and machine sewed down both sides of the handle. This is intended as a charity quilt, so I wasn't as careful as I would be for a quilt for me. I didn't even change the thread color from what I already had. It looks great though. The only thing I would do differently is to try a wider bias tape maker. I'm pretty sure I have a 3/4" or 1" wide tape maker, but darned if I can find it. This will have to do for now!