Monday, February 11, 2019

A little more progress

Slow going presently on my quilt for
UANDUQAL

I have nine blocks right now and yesterday put a post
up on my Mystic Quilter blog
showing them up on the wall, randomly placed. as below. I have
eleven more to plan.




The block third from the left on the second row
was originally like this in my first post


but it was just too bright, you can see from the top photo above
I removed the bright pink squares, substituted with something not as garish
 and added a softer colour border strip
on two sides. Now I'm happy. 

I gave some thought to sashing because of the multitude of bright colours,
I have a fabric which looked pretty good, today I decided a few minutes ago
to butt them up together to see if they could all play nicely
together. I think they could.
The photo below is the truer colour, time of day makes all the difference I think.


My decision will be made when all twenty are finished.

Maureen

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Helen - deleted my first comment in error!

      Delete
  2. great blocks - love the mix of colors and patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, I'm pleased I went this pattern as inspiration.

      Delete
  3. You're making great progress. I really like how the colors and fabrics play with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm becoming quite impatient and need to have more blocks sewn up and on the wall!

      Delete
  4. They look beautiful! Your pattern play is fantastic! I love the combination of large and small prints and mix of warm and cool colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sujata. I know that these blocks, although the same pattern, are quite different to the original but I needed more colour! I am enjoying this project.

      Delete
  5. These blocks are looking wonderful Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sujata Shah - Is this blog for any quilter who wants to share the making of her scrap quilts even though she doesn't have hew own blog? Or must one have their own blog already to contribute to this one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! This is really starting to take shape now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey, it's such an easy pattern to work with.

      Delete
  8. Great use of the fabrics and color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blocks! I love your color scheme and variety of prints.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. The colour scheme has deviated somewhat from my original starting fabrics - but that's all part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete