Saturday, January 12, 2019

dipping my toes in















I'm following along with Sujata from therootconnection and the #UANDUQAL with great interest. For my first venture into the quirkiness of these delightful scrappy quilts, I've chosen to make a flying geese quilt. It's inspired by one from Roderick Kiracofe's book, Unconventional and Unexpected pg.60 a cotton 'flying geese' quilt. 

I decided to revisit an earlier WiP and started out with a bunch of already made flying geese blocks, half the work done already! Of course I sifted and sorted a bit, rejected quite a few blocks, and made up a few more to fit in with my colour palette. Improv is a wee challenge for me, and working without a pattern, but hopefully working around these blocks gives me confidence to branch out more and maybe try Sujata's 'overlapping octagons' later on. All ready now for basting & quilting. 

Happy sewing , Linda from kokaquilts

8 comments:

  1. You're first off the block Linda with this beauty - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely; congratulations on being nearly finished already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I really like the way it looks diagonally on the bed! I might keep,that in mind for a project down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really captured the old, faded look of this quilt. It looks pretty inviting! At first glance I did not even see any other sashing than the blue on the left. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I, too, love it set diagonally on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS QUILT -- and I like the way you photographed it (a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty . . . you did a great job!
    Happy quilting.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt, it looks quite vintage to me, love it.

    ReplyDelete