Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Unconventional and Unexpected Challenge



Inspired by Sujata Shah, I am creating a new quilt out of my grandmas lovely but damaged quilt.

Quilt top - this used to be a tied quilt, but was badly damaged, so years ago I removed the ties with the intention of repairing it.  Now I have a plan!

 I ripped apart the blocks on a long car trip, and now to play! 

Detail showing damage.


Below are several inspiring quilts from Unconventional and Unexpected, giving me ideas for a layout. 










Not sure which layout I'll use yet, I love them all!


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I can't wait to see it. Just last night, I was looking at these very same string quilts. I think a string quilt might be my next scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love working with what I call "rescue quilts" -- happy you have a plan for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have couple of old string tops as well. I wonder if I can pour new life into them. I am curious to see which layout you choose and how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of your grandma's quilt! And such a great idea to try & rescue it, heaps of inspiration in the U & U book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some great fabrics in that old quilt, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful idea to use the old quilt made by your grandma! I look forward to seeing which design you choose.

    ReplyDelete