Friday, May 17, 2019

The Lattice Quilt Intrepretation

This is the quilt that I ended up with as the answer to the #UANDUQAL. I adore riffing off of quilts in the Unconventional and Unexpected book by Roderick Kiracofe. Trying to keep with the same look/feel/vibe of these quilts while using more modern day fabrics never gets old.
The Lattice Quilt in red
It was quite the challenge in many ways and I wrote quite a bit about the journey over at my personal blog.  I also combined this challenge with another one over at AHIQ blog, the #AHIQRED challenge where Red is considered a Neutral.
Original Inspiration quilt
There are several more quilts in the book that I have bookmarked for future interpretation attempts. So much joy in these charmingly make-do look quilts. It often makes me think that we could take our quilt-making attempts a little too seriously at times! Thanks Sujata for the great QAL! You gave me the perfect excuse to try making yet another quilt in the book!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see this finished, I like your combination of tying and straight line quilting along the lattice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your interpretation is wonderful -- I'm still working on my first U and U project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely; you've kept the idiosyncrasies of the original very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! This has been a great challenge. Makes me want to do more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your reimagining of the original quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey,

    How rich your reds are against that pale blue! I do agree with you, a little letting go makes quilt making so much fun. Please make more from the U&U book. I know I will get back to this as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete